Development Coordinator – Job Opening
Position: Development Coordinator
Reports to: Development Director
Salary: $40,000 – $50,000
Benefits: Health/dental benefits, retirement plan and employer match, paid time off, possible flex time, remote working stipend
Status: Full-time exempt position (35 hours), occasional evenings and weekends
Location: Austin or remote in Texas
NARAL Pro-Choice Texas (NPCT) seeks an innovative, detail-oriented, and values-driven self-starter to collaborate with the Development Director in creating a development plan that is mission-driven and values-aligned. The Development Coordinator will own the continued evolution and execution of our flagship fall event, Repro Prom, and will spearhead the coordination and expansion of our grants portfolio.
- Coordinate NPCT/F’s grant portfolio, including tracking deadlines
- Manage and execute our signature fall event including coordinating logistics, producing event invitations and collateral, maintaining sponsor and guest lists, soliciting silent auction contributions and planning event program.
- Own the organization and maintenance of files, records and entries in the donor database.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate will possess the following qualities and skills:
- Passion for reproductive health, rights and justice
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to execute multiple projects, set priorities, and follow through on plans
- Inventive, creative, and problem-solving approach to challenges
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically and to build positive relationships with staff, volunteers and supporters
- Prior experience planning events
- Familiarity with the grants prospecting process
- One year of professional work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree can substitute work experience.
About NARAL Pro-Choice Texas:
NARAL Pro-Choice Texas (an affiliate of NARAL Pro-Choice America) and NARAL Pro-Choice Texas Foundation are dedicated to guaranteeing every Texan the right to make personal decisions regarding the full range of reproductive choices. NARAL Pro-Choice Texas, a 501(c)(4) organization, works to develop and sustain a constituency that uses the political process to guarantee the full range of reproductive choices, including preventing unintended pregnancy, bearing healthy children, and choosing legal abortion. NARAL Pro-Choice Texas Foundation works to protect reproductive choice through education, training, organizing, legal action, and public policy. NARAL Pro-Choice Texas is a non-discriminatory workplace and equal opportunity employer. People of color, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQIA individuals are encouraged to apply.
To apply please send a resume, cover letter, and a one-page writing sample to [email protected] by January 15, 2019.
Please note: this job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills for this position and is subject to review and change in accordance with the needs of the organization.