Stop two anti-abortion bills from going on the House floor.
We expect that at least two anti-abortion bills, HB 214 and HB 14, will be heard before the full House floor soon. These bills are medically unnecessary and will directly harm Texas families who are already struggling to pay for healthcare costs.
HB 214 bans coverage of abortion under all health benefit plans, including private plans purchased through the Affordable Care Act Marketplace. The bill has no exceptions in cases of rape.
HB 14 prohibits local government entities including cities and counties, hospital districts, and state agencies from partnering with health providers that also perform abortions or are affiliated with an abortion provider.
Now is the time to CALL the members on the House Calendars Committee and tell them to stop these medically unnecessary bills from going to the House floor where they will undoubtedly be made worse. Feel free to use the script below:
Texas House Calendars Committee:
- Chair, Todd Hunter: (512) 463-0672
- Vice Chair, Donna Howard: (512) 463-0631
- Roberto Alonzo: (512) 463-0408
- Trent Ashby: (512) 463-0508
- Byron Cook: (512) 463-0730
- Sarah Davis: (512) 463-0389
- Charlie Geren: (512) 463-0610
- Helen Giddings: (512) 463-0953
- Kyle Kacal: (512) 463-0412
- Ken King: (512) 463-0736
- Linda Koop: (512) 463-0454
- Poncho Nevárez: (512) 463-0566
- Chris Paddie: (512) 463-0556
- Dade Phelan: (512) 463-0706
- Toni Rose: (512) 463-0664