Access to all approved contraception methods — including emergency contraception — gives Texans the ability to plan their families in ways that work for them. NARAL Pro-Choice Texas works to ensure all Texans can access to contraception and life-saving health care like cancer screenings and annual exams at the provider of their choice, reduce unintended pregnancies and save the state millions of dollars in Medicaid spending.
If you are looking for information on obtaining contraception:
Our Latest Contraception Work:
- STATEMENT: Federal Court Blocks Dangerous Provision of SB 8 From Going Into Effect
- STATEMENT: Texas Will Revoke Family Planning Money Given to Anti-Abortion Organization
- STATEMENT: Texas House Passes HB 214, a Ban on Private Insurance Coverage for Abortion
- Stop two anti-abortion bills from going on the House floor.
- STATEMENT: Gov. Abbott Announces More Devastating Attacks on Abortion Access for Special Session
- 2017 Legislative Wrap Up
- STATEMENT: Texas Legislature Advances Omnibus Anti-Abortion Bill
- Anti-Abortion Bills and House Bill Deadline Week
- STATEMENT: Texas House Committee Hears HB 1113, a Ban on Private Insurance Coverage for Abortion
- Lawmakers Must Prioritize Proactive Bills That Expand and Protect Reproductive Health Care